CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility. It’s about recognizing that organizations, businesses, governments and non-profits all have a role to play in making their communities – either local or global – better places. Yes, it’s about making smart decisions, knowing an organization’s impact on the environment and the community, but what makes CSR policies a reality are not organizations themselves, but the people and leaders of the organization.
People shape organizations, whether big or small. So, really, when we talk about CSR, we see it linked closely to leadership. What kind of leader is shaping the organization? It’s no mystery that achieving a balance is a challenge, but we’ve got no choice if we want to help make the world a better place.
So, here’s what Mot + Clé is choosing to do to be a leader … call it our CSR policy.
The Goal – Minimize our environmental footprint. Maximize our social footprint. Help our cients do the same.
To be environmentally responsible, Mot + Clé …
- Focuses on digital formats when and where ever possible and when we produce print collateral it’s to the highest environmental standards
- Offsets carbon emissions for travel
- Recycles, composts and just generally avoid creating waste of any kind
To be socially responsible, Mot + Clé…
- Works with non-profit organizations to help them achieve their goals.
- Donates 2% of profits to Vancouver and Sea to Sky community charitable organizations
- Works with local suppliers and supports local artists wherever possible
To be economically responsible, Mot + Clé ….
- Chooses local suppliers and service providers
- Collaborates with local experts and associates
- Provides transparent billing, so clients always understand fees